Sunday 25 October 2015

Imi in Barcelona

My school does some seriously amazing school trips and this one to Barcelona in Spain was the best one I've been on so far! This may have been because I wasn't actually working while we were there as the trip was for art, photography and Spanish students and I actually don't take any of them, I just really wanted to go on the trip and fortunately the teachers decided that I could.
We stayed in the beautiful Hotel Azul which was the nicest hotel that I've stayed in with school as the last one I stayed in had one plug socket and red and yellow stains on the headboards of the beds, which as you can probably guess, wasn't very nice. Lots of artsy things obviously occurred like going to 3 amazing museums: Museu Picasso, Dali Theatre-Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art. All of which I would love to visit again, especially the Dali museum as that was the most amazing to me. We also did some other touristy things like going on a roof top tour bus (in the rain!) and taking the underground or walking everywhere and trying different Spanish foods. We also did some sight-seeing like going to the the unfinished church building called Sagrada Familia and one of the nights we went to see a fantastic light show outside of the National Museum of Catalan in Barcelona.
Here are some of my favourite pictures from the trip (credit to my friend Emily who took some of these photos):

Inside the Dali Theatre-Museum
Inside the Dali Theatre-Museum
Outside of the Sagrada Familia
At the light show
One of the pieces at the Museum of Contemporary Art

Me and my friends outside of the National Museum of Catalan
Me and my friend outside of the National Museum of Catalan
Exploring Barcelona
Exploring Barcelona
The view from outside of the National Museum of Catalan

This trip was the best one I've been on with amazing places to visit and beautiful things to see and even amazing food! I would definitely recommend going to Barcelona for a little getaway as it is such a wonderful place to explore that I enjoyed a lot and would like to go back to in the future.
Love Imi xx

1 comment: