Monday 20 April 2015

Movie Talk~ The DUFF

Now I'm not some amazing writer or reviewer so I'm sorry if this is awful, but I recently went to see 'The DUFF' movie and decided that I would write a type of review on it because simply, why not?!
The DUFF is a new chick flick which is all about the social status of a particular girl, Bianca (Mae Whitman) who has been given a new label as the DUFF- the Designated Ugly Fat Friend. She has to try and fight this label by teaming up with a childhood friend, Wesley (Robbie Amell) and deal with her school's mean girl, Madison (Bella Thorne) and the bullying and cyber bullying that happens to her.
It is very much a film about finding yourself, growing up and defying the system by being different. It is also an extremely cheesy chick flick, if you are not a fan of cheese and a predictable ending then maybe it's not for you, but for someone who loves movies similar to 'Mean Girls' then consider this a more updated version (although, nothing can top mean girls).
The characters, in my opinion, were all very well portrayed with the actors doing an amazing job. With a movie like this, I usually manage to find fault with one of the actors but to be honest, I thought they were all pretty amazing. And, the main romance was one that I really loved and enjoyed watching.
I also thought the comedy was perfection; it was current and relatable to a teenager and was probably the best part of the movie. Me and my friends are now constantly quoting the funny lines said.
The story line was well thought out, all though I would've liked to see more of Bianca's best friends: Casey (Bianca A. Santos) and Jess (Skyler Samuels) because I thought their characters were pretty awesome, and more of Madison (but that might just be because I really like Bella Thorne :p).
The only thing that I personally found "bad" about this movie, was that it was quite predictable and of course cheesy and quite girly. My friend who saw it with me really didn't enjoy it for these reasons, however, I found it completed the movie in a way. Another thing, is that it is so so so so different from the book. Usually I would hate this, but in this weird case, I actually didn't like the book at all (just my opinion!!!) (main reason that I won't be doing a book review) and I thought the story line of the movie and just the movie itself was way better, but if you are someone who likes movies that stick true to the book for the most part then this movie definitely doesn't. The only thing that is really the same is the whole status of "the DUFF" and the personality of Bianca, otherwise it's pretty much all different.
As you can tell, I really loved this movie (and seriously want to see it again) and I urge other people to go and see it if it sounds like the type of movie you are in to, because it's definitely worth it in my opinion.

There you go, a little review on the movie 'The DUFF'. Let me know what you thought of the movie if you have seen it, or if you are planning to see it.
Love Imi xx
p.s. little disclaimer thought I'd say, just in case, totally not sponsored.
p.p.s. as I said I'm not a professional reviewer or anything, these are more just my thoughts on the movie then anything, but I hoped you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment