Thursday 1 September 2016

Back To School ~ Drugstore Makeup Look

Back to school is officially upon us which means the horror of early mornings and being late is also here. I've always been one to spend maybe a tad too long on my makeup and then end up skipping other more important things, but I think it's nice to make sure my makeup looks good, especially when going to a place which might not always make me feel good. So I decided to show you my go-to makeup look for school that is all drugstore brands and super simple and natural looking.




1) Firstly, I use my "Radiance BB Cream" from 'Rimmel London' in the shade light as my base. This BB cream is my absolute favourite and it's much nicer than foundation because it feels a lot lighter on the skin but still has a lot of buildable coverage and isn't too oily, unlike most other BB creams.
2) Next, is the matching 'Rimmel London' "Wake Me Up" concealer in 010 Ivory for covering up any blemishes and imperfections.
3) Then, my other concealer, "Lasting Perfection" by 'Collection' in the shade 01 fair, is used for under eye circles and any red patches or other discoloured areas.
4) Brows are next and for these I use another product by 'Collection' which is their "Eye Brow Kit" in brunette to just lightly fill in any bald spots.
5) For my eyes I also use a 'Collection' product which is their "Eyes Uncovered" eye-shadow nude palette to make a natural, golden-eye look.
6) Then for lining my eyes I use the "Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer" by 'Rimmel London' in my tightline and lightly smudge it out on my lid.
7) And finally for my eyes is the "Miss Hippie Mega Volume" mascara by 'Loreal' which makes for super fluttery lashes that still look quite natural and not clumpy.
8) Next is contour and highlight and for this I use the "Define and Conquer Contour Palette" by 'Seventeen' which is nice and subtle.
9) For an overall glow I use a fluffy brush to lightly dust "Gorgeous Glow" by 'Collection' all over my face. This adds for an extra shine and blends the contour and highlight in nicely.
10) Finally, I use the "Matte Maker" by 'Maybelline' to set all the makeup and get rid of any shine.




It looks like a lot of work and a lot of products but it's actually super quick and all the makeup items feel nice and light on my face. Plus, all of these products are my top favourites right now which means I don't get bored of wearing this look. This makes it the perfect back to school makeup look which I definitely will be wearing on my first day back.
Love Imi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment