Saturday 22 October 2016

Halloween Faves

Autumn is officially here and as the end of October nears, so does the fabulous holiday of Halloween. Now, my family and I have never been the biggest supporters of this holiday but over the years, with my friends, I have grown to enjoy it more and more. I also have compiled a list of my favourite films, TV shows and books which are perfect to get you into the Halloween spirit.


Firstly, films...

1) All of the Disney 'Halloweentown' movies are my top favourites ('Halloweentown', 'Halloweentown 2 Kalabar's Revenge', 'Halloweentown High' and 'Return to Halloweentown'). I kid you not, these films were my childhood and I watch all of them each Halloween without fail.
2) Keeping with a Disney theme, I also watch the two 'Twitches' movies because they are super fun witchy ones that give me all the nostalgia feels,
3) Another Disney film has to be the ever classic Hocus Pocus.
4) An obvious one is 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' that has to be watched by everyone, if not already.
5) 'Fun Size' is a crazy good film set all around Halloween and is a nice and easy film to watch that's super funny too.

These are my favourite films leading up to Halloween and I know none of them are particularly scary but these are the classic ones which I love.


Next, TV shows...

1) 'Stranger Things' is a must-see show that would be perfect to satisfy your creepy Halloween cravings and can definitely be watched in just one day.
2) 'Bates Motel' is another super weird and creepy TV show (just get past the first episode, I promise it's better after).
3) And the 'Scream' remake is definitely on my list to watch on Halloween night.

Any other especially creepy or dramatic TV shows or ones with a holiday special would be awesome to watch too.


Lastly, books...

1) The 'Mara Dyer' trilogy by Michelle Hodkin is super good for an eerie vibe, that will actually creep you out in some places, while staying moderately realistic.
2) I am desperate to read 'The Girl on the Train' by Paula Hawkins before I see the film, so that needs to be read super soon.
3) Another book I really want to read is 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn, another creepy mystery-type book.
4) Finally, 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' by Ransom Riggs is certainly a weird and creepy book that will definitely remind you of Halloween.


And that's it! Of course there are many others and some that are specifically Halloween themed, but I wanted to show you some films, TV shows and books that are my favourite for the Halloween season and can still be super creepy and put me in the Halloween mood.
Love Imi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment