Tuesday 29 August 2017

Imi in NYC

Finally this post can go up!! Almost a year ago in October I had the amazing opportunity to go to New York City with my school and yes oh yes it was the absolute best!
I was super excited to go on this trip so the early wake-up-call on Saturday morning at 5am didn't bother me and neither did the 7 hour flight. After the long day of travelling we made our way to our, well, "interesting" hotel that looked like it was out of 'American Horror Story' and then had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and went to the Empire State Building which was so cool to see all the lights at night.
The next day, the psychology students went to a forensic psychology lecture/workshop which I found super interesting and after walking halfway along the Brooklyn Bridge and being dragged into a street performance, we visited the Statue of Liberty and labelled ourselves as complete tourists. Then came the 9/11 memorial and museum which was the saddest most beautiful place to see; I would've stayed there for hours reading every name and bit of information if I could. We ended the busy Sunday with dinner at Bubba Gumps and late-night shopping in Times Square where we went to the giant 'Disney' store and I was in my absolute element.
On Monday we literally walked and took the Subway everywhere, including the High Line, the New York Public Library, Grand Central Station, the Upper East Side and the MET. All of which were utterly amazing and interesting. I definitely want to go back in the future to spend longer at the museum and library. Next, we had lunch in Wall St and a "power of advertising" lecture and more shopping on 5th Avenue. Our last night was spent at the New York Rangers ice hockey game, where the atmosphere was incredible and everyone got thoroughly involved, ending with a Rangers win!
On our last day, was something equally amazing, a tour of the NBC studios where we got to see all of the different stages, including Jimmy Fallon's 'The Tonight Show'! And finally after our packed-full trip, we said goodbye to New York and headed home.
Clearly, it was a very busy but enjoyable trip and I'm already missing all the good memories and fantastic sights, here are some pictures to show you just how amazing New York is (some creds to my friends Emily, Lily and Thea for being my personal camera-women)...














Another successful trip has been made and the photos don't even do it justice! New York is such a special bucket-list place to visit and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go and not only have fun with my friend but discover more as I learnt! It was the best last trip to go on with my school, I would recommend the city to anyone craving a busy city lifestyle!
Love Imi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment